Part Return on a closed Work Order
If a mechanic checks out parts and does not use all of these parts, you may need to return or remove the parts for the Work Order.
Following these steps to return the parts:
1. Clickand select Parts | Checkout
2. Select a Work Order from the Charge Type List
3. Select a Charge To by clicking to find and select the Work Order
4. Select a Part ID by typing in the Part ID or by clickingand select a part record
5. Enter the Quantity with a negative value
6. Click Add
The Part will be added to the list of parts to issue and the cursor focus will be set to the Part ID. You may enter or select another part and click Add to issue against the same Charge To information. Or, you may optionally repeat steps 2 through 6 for each part that you are checking out.
7. Click Confirm to complete the Part Checkout process and Return the Part to your Inventory
8. The Checkout Process Completed Successfully message will then be displayed