Doing Physical Inventories on your spare parts should better ensure accurate on hand quantities. SOMAX can generate several reports to help identify parts that need to be counted. These reports are: Physical Inventory, Part Cycle Counting, and Part Cycle Counting by Location.
Perform the following steps to do Physical Inventory.
1. Click | Parts | Physical Inventory
2. Enter the Part ID orto search for the Part ID
3. Enter the Quantity Counted orto type in quantity
4. Click Add
You may continue to add Part IDs from a list or report
5. Click Record Count to complete the Physical Inventory
6. The Records Successfully Count message will then be displayed
The Physical Inventory Results List Report can be generated to view the number of Part IDs counted and Part ID variances.